ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Time crystals are a fascinating area of research in the field of quantum systems. These unique structures exhibit condensed matter behavior in the time domain and were first proposed by Frank Wilczek in 2012. Since then, research on time crystals has progressed rapidly, with various concepts and open problems still being explored. The purpose of this conference on Time Crystals is to bring together leading experts and young researchers working in this field, to share knowledge and exchange ideas on the latest developments in time crystals and periodically driven systems.
It will also be a satellite meeting of the BEC 2023 conference that will take place in Sant Feliu, Spain, 9-15 September 2023.
The conference is organized by Jagiellonian University and will be held at the Manggha Museum in Kraków, 6-8 September 2023 .
The registration deadline is May 31th, 2023. The number of participants is limited to 120.
Participants will be able to present their results in the form of an oral presentation or during a poster session.
- Berislav Buca (Niels Bohr Institute, University of Copenhagen)
- Vladimir Eltsov (Department of Applied Physics, Aalto University)
- Rosario Fazio (The Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste)
- Krzysztof Giergiel (Optical Sciences Centre Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne)
- Andreas Hemmerich (Institut für Laserphysik, Universität Hamburg)
- Francisco Machado (Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics Harvard University)
- Roderich Moessner*(Max Planck Institute for the Physics of Complex Systems, Dresden)
- Mordechai Segev*(Physics Department and Solid State, Technion Israel Institute of Technology)
- Maksym Serbyn (Institute of Science and Technology Austria)
- Cristiane Morais Smith (Institute for Theoretical Physics University of Utrecht)
- Hossein Taheri (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, UC Riverside)
- Tim Hugo Taminiau (QuTech, Delft University of Technology)
- Frank Wilczek (Center for Theoretical Physics, MIT, Cambridge)
- Norman Yao (Department of Physics, Harvard University, Cambridge)
* to be confirmed
Fot. by Krzysztof Magda
- Rosario Fazio
- Peter Hannaford
- Krzysztof Sacha
- Frank Wilczek
- Norman Yao
Local Organizing Committee:
Previous conference and workshop:
Workshop on Time Crystals and Related Phenomena 2019
Conference on Time Crystals 2021
GET IN TOUCH